Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Try Stampin on Tuesday #37

Afternoon Stampers,

The sketch this week over at Try Stamping on Tuesday is a great one.
I had a sympathy card to do, so i used this sketch to do so.

Unfortunately i have had to make two sympathy cards this week, one for a family member of one of our staff, and the other one was for a very special friend of mine who lost her dad last week, My heart has gone out to her and her 3 sisters as they also lost their mum 6 years ago, the girls nursed both their mum and their dad until the end. 
The youngest sister is not quite 30, this was such a sad occasion, we are all so grateful that they have a very special and close knit bond, so they will always be together. My friend and i have been best buds since we were 2, and during my teen years, her dad became my weekend dad.
 R.I.P Paul, you have gone home to be with your beloved Jenny.

Here is the sketch i used for the staff member's card

i knew i had to use one of my new stamp sets that was yet to see and ink. So i choose my new set
 "Awash with flowers"
I can see this one getting a fair bit of ink time.

Here is my card

The need for a sympathy card for my best friend, came as such a surprise that i didn't have time to make one (in fact i wasn't in the mood to make one), we knew he was sick, but didn't expect him to go quite so soon, so i grabbed one from my "opps almost forgot" box,
it is not a favourite one of mine, but she loved it.
I gave her the concord crush one, as she is a purple girl.

So i had have a very busy and eventful week, one that included my - tried to forget, birthday, one in which i got spoiled with love and attention, but at least it is now over for another year.




6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you had to make this card for such a sad occasion, but the card is lovely and I am sure your staff member appreciated it. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' on Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that DSP and miss it! So sorry to hear about your friend ((hugs)) Thanks for playing along at TST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! so sorry that you had to make this card for your friend under the circumstances.
    Thanks for playing along at TST

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovey card! These are the sadest circumstances to make a card for! Thanks for playing along with us over at Try Stampin;-)
    Tracey Old

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, Sharna. I always love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday (belated) hunny! So glad you were spoilt! So sorry about the recent sadness you (and your bestie) have faced. I do hope things will brighten for you soon! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete