Thursday, October 27, 2011

Try Stampin on Tuesday #38

Afternoon Crafters,

It is that time of the week again, it is time for a new challenge over at

And as usual it is a great sketch.

My mind is else where at the moment so i made a pretty simple card, but i am happy with the results.
When i first saw this sketch i had a much better card in mind, but i have so much happening on the home front that i went simple

Here is my card
(sorry for the photo quality)
I have used an older retired stamp set, which i seem to go to quite often, Bud Basics

To finish it off i have done a bit of spritizing with the early espresso pen, which i think finishes it off nicely

Now back to my home front.
 my daughter has had very long and hard road these past few years, with hassles from school and other outside issues, she had been asking since we came back to live here(NZ), if she could return to Australia, so after one low(almost depressive mood) too many, my hubby and i made the big decision to send her back to live with her Grandmother and attend school over there.
As a mum this has been a very hard decision to come to, there have been many tears already, and many more to come, as she is leaving on Tuesday next week, we need to get her settled into school as much as possible before the holidays so come next year it will be better for her.

On the bright side she will be coming home at Christmas time as her grandmother is also coming back for a holiday. 

6 comments:

  1. SHarna Love the visual effect on this one! Great job. Thanks for playing along this week again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharna, gorgeous card! Hugs to you and hope you get through Tuesday without too many tears.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the first set my mum bought ... right back when I first started SU! I think it might still be floating around somewhere! You have done a gorgeous job with the flowers! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ... posted my comment before I was finished. Just want to say ... what a hard decision you have had to face ... I just hope it all works out well for you and your daughter. I couldn't imagine doing what you are doing ... but obviously you are just wanting your daughter to be happy and are being unselfish about it. Big hugs for Tuesday! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharna, your card is beautiful. I love how you offset the punched flowers. Partial images are always awesome. I wish your family the best. Hope that things improve and that your daughter is happier now. As a mother, I am not sure I would be strong enough to do what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Try Stampin;-) Wow you have had a such a tough time lately! Thinking of you! You are so brave!
    Huggs
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete